Monday, January 23, 2006

Patsy's Zinger of the Day

Patsy is my Mom. This conversation took place in her car a few days ago.
PATSY: Well, I just can't wait. I have never been this excited over one of the grandkids.
ME: Oh yeah? Why?
PATSY: Because I just can't wait to see if he's Jewish or what.
OK, I hate to be a comedy deconstructionist, so I'm not going to tell you all eighteen reasons why this particular zinger made me snarf my organic skim milk, but for starters, Thor definitely falls into the "or what" category. Secondly, why oh why when my Mom is picturing the guy who carelessly knocks me up and then bails does she picture a Jew? Can someone tell me? I mean, I don't want to generalize or be a racist or whatever, but come on, I think the last time a Jewish guy was suspected of something like this, um, Jesus was born?

No comments:

Post a Comment