Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Thor

Current mood:mischievous
Here he is. You didn't know? Now you know. He'll be here on or about May 6. (He's one of those not-totally-predictable types.)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yeah, he looks just like me. For various reasons, I had to keep this whole thing kind of under my cap for a while, and now it feels like so much time has passed that I can't even remember all of the things that have happened surrounding this little guy. So, I'm not going to go into how it all happened, or what everyone had to say about it, or all the crazy shit that has happened in the interim. I have kept a private journal for those kinds of things. It's personal, ok? Thank you.
But starting now, y'all can stay in the loop. After nearly five months I finally bought some maternity clothes, and I mostly feel like an impostor. I mean, who knew? I never thought this would be me, but here we are. Showing, even. My Dad got me a baby heart listening device for Christmas. I kind of wanted DDR Ultramix 3 for Xbox, but I guess that will have to wait for another day. I have a crib, a bag of clothes, and the comfort of knowing that pretty much every idiot on the planet has done this and made it through okay. I quit smoking and drinking and rock climbing. While I feel this should automatically qualify me for some kind of parenting award, I am told that this is pretty much the least I could do. Every day there is some new bizarre symptom that makes me want to contact the Discovery Channel because I just can't believe that this completely natural phenomenon is happening to me. In me.
I can't believe how much I love him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment